Thursday, May 22, 2008

RED

Red. What is Red? What is so special about it? Well it is just a color or there is something else. I thought and kept on thinking what this could be. Why am I so bothered about just a simple color. Why is my mind tossing around the word Red. There must be something which is unseen, more than just a color.

Just as I was passing by I saw a red rose. Immediately it reminded me of the person I love. So, I thought red symbolizes love. For a moment I thought I got my answer but there was even more to discover. I saw a bride in red and was moved by its beauty. Saw the beautiful rainbow. Thus red was there to signify beauty.

Till now I had discovered two new definitions to red but my quest continued. Started investigating everything that was red. Analyzed each and everything related to red. Finally, I found that red is an integral part of our lives. Without this life would be so empty. When we are angry we become red, in a battlefield every where we see red which signifies sorrow. Red is a savior as is symbolized by the Red Cross and the signal for danger. Red gives command to stop in case of traffic. Red is trust as the vermillion on the forehead of a woman. Red is happiness in the form of Christmas. Red gives us heat as fire.

I was pretty happy as I had fulfilled my quest. But, still was not satisfied as if something was missing. Something was still there which I had missed. Thinking, I was passing by when suddenly I saw an accident. There was blood all over and the person involved was dead. I got my answer. Red is Life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic Write-up.
Nice start.. Keep it UP !!!!!!!

Shaista said...

Nice analysis